Iconic video game continues to thrill with fan favorite modes and addictive gameplay
SAN FRANCISCO, California — November 13, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that Tetris® Ultimate, the latest iteration of the world’s most loved puzzle game, is now available for Nintendo 3DS™ at retailers for $29.99 and digitally through the Nintendo eShop for $19.99. Tetris® Ultimate on Nintendo 3DS features seven exciting ways to play, including a new single-player Challenge mode that will test the skills and determination of the most die-hard Tetris champions.
Offering fun features, unique visuals and addictive gameplay for all ages, Tetris Ultimate allows up to ten offline or eight online friends to test their skills in seven different modes:
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let It Rain and dump blocks down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out.
- Ultra – Race to score as many points as possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out challengers.
- Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
o Master – The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
o Rotation Lock – The orientations of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
o Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines.
o Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this winter on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC with PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system releasing in 2015.
For more information on Tetris Ultimate, please visit tetrisultimate.com.
About the Tetris® Brand
The Tetris brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world with over 425 million paid mobile downloads, and billions of games played online per year. In the game’s 30-year history, hundreds of millions of players have experienced the Tetris Effect. Tetris is loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Partnered with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sega, and Hasbro, the Tetris game continues to be one of the most widely recognized video games of all time. Tetris Holding, LLC is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide and The Tetris Company, LLC is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com. Follow Tetris on Twitter (@Tetris_Official) and become a fan of Tetris on Facebook (facebook.com/tetris).
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2013–14 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,007 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
© 2014 Additional game content by Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries. Developed and published under license by The Tetris Company. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Nintendo trademarks and copyrights are properties of Nintendo.