Popular consumer brands, live demonstrations, and future technology highlight Scientific Games’ focus on innovation
September 14, 2016 — Las Vegas, NV— Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ: SGMS) (“Scientific Games” or the “Company”) will showcase its integrated and robust product portfolio designed to empower customers with the world’s best gaming and lottery experiences at the Global Gaming Expo (“G2E”), September 26-29 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas.
The Company’s 21,094 square foot exhibit (booth no. 1126) will feature areas for its Gaming, Lottery and Interactive divisions, an expansive second-floor hospitality deck, and an invitation-only innovation lab, as well as numerous presentation rooms.
Scientific Games Chief Executive Officer and President Kevin Sheehan said, “Our booth is the one destination that every casino operator and lottery organization must visit while at G2E, as we showcase the industry’s most expansive, innovative suite of solutions for the entire casino enterprise, empowering the world’s best gaming and lottery experiences like never before.”
Transformative Slot Games and Cutting-Edge Cabinets Empower the Player Experience
At G2E, Scientific Games will feature more than 200 slots and nearly 100 unique themes, showcasing a powerful lineup of new slot platforms, game content and popular consumer brands to empower engagement and excitement across the casino floor and help drive operator revenue.
Taking center stage in hardware innovation, Scientific Games will introduce the PRIZM Game Table™, an industry-first in slot cabinet design. This pioneeering social gaming table features a 65-inch 4K display that serves as both the player interface and a table with seating for four.
Created with the Millennial in mind, PRIZM Game Table can be placed on the casino floor or in a lounge setting for community-style play and unparalleled social interaction, and supports both slot and electronic table content.
Scientific Games introduces PRIZM Game Table with Lightning Launch™ Roulette, an exciting new twist to a player favorite. In this exciting new game, players launch their ball into the wheel to determine their base game winnings. Optional bonus chip wagers add a community, anticipatory element, offering players the chance to win exciting prizes and jackpots based on both the result of their ball’s spin as well as those of the other three players.
Last year Scientific Games unveiled the groundbreaking TwinStar™ cabinet, powered by the state-of-the-art ArgOS operating platform and incorporating the best technology from Bally and WMS. At G2E 2016 the Company will highlight a host of new content for this cabinet, including Lock It Link, Little Dragons and the Golden Wheel games.
This year Scientific Games also introduces new cabinets to the TwinStar family:
- The cutting-edge TwinStar J43 gaming platform features a 43-inch curved portrait display. Delivering a cinematic, 4K Ultra High-Definition game-play experience, the TwinStar J43 entertains with highly integrated, game-synchronized, emotive lighting, the latest stereo surround sound, and numerous other features. Exclusive content developed for this platform includes Dancing Drums™, Heidi’s Bier Haus™ and Quick Hit Ultra Pays™.
- The TwinStar 3RM is a spinning-reel cabinet highlighted by a 24-inch top screen, three reels, integrated USB charger, optional handle and the expanded iDeck multi-touch button panel. Exclusive content for this platform includes the 88 Fortunes®, Fu Dao Le®, Life of Luxury® and Blazing 7s® Gold themes.
- The TwinStar Slant features two 27-inch screens, an integrated USB charger and the iDeck, and is compatible with all TwinStar dual-screen games.
The Company introduces new content for the Bally ALPHA 2 Pro Series library, as well as the WMS® CPU-NXT®3 platforms and Barcrest™ line. Highlights of engaging new content debuting on Scientific Games’ proven platforms include:
- SPIDER-MAN™ theme on the Pro Wave® cabinet, featuring a three-level progressive jackpot and a wheel feature.
- THE GODFATHER® theme on the s32, offering free spins with double the lines, a five-level near-area progressive jackpot feature and random character symbols that award character upgrades, respins, multipliers, or more credits.
Scientific Games’ G2E Premium Portfolio Empowers More Play with Popular Brands
The Company’s first-class display at G2E will be its most engaging ever, featuring a host of game titles based on popular licensed brands that are familiar to adults of all ages.
- THE BACHELOR™, a game based on the hit romance reality series from Warner Horizon Television, is a beautifully rendered low-denomination three-reel game on the Blade Stepper, with a five-level progressive jackpot and six bonus features— Limousine Arrival, Rose Ceremony, Destination Date, Fantasy Suite and a spinning wheel in the shape of the iconic Bachelor engagement ring.
- JOHNNY CASH®, one of the few artists ever to sell over 90 million records, entertains in a namesake game featured on the Blade™ Stepper with a mechanical wheel. Bringing JOHNNY CASH’s popular songs to life through concert video, the game features hits The Ring Of Fire, Walk The Line, Hey Porter, All Over Again and Cry Cry Cry.
- The NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION™ game on the GameField XD® cabinet presents a WAP top award, free spins, a wheel bonus and two themed features — The Griswold Family Vacation Bonus and Walley World Free Spins.
- THE SIMPSONS™ game on the pioneering GameScape™ cabinet delivers breakthrough motion zone sensor technology that enables players to become part of the game. In THE SIMPSONS game, players travel through Springfield with Homer, Moe, Apu, Chief Wiggum and other favorites and experience the chance at winning a life-altering WAP jackpot along with a Donut Wheel and three other bonus events.
- TETRIS®, one of the world’s most popular and recognizable video game brands, launches on the groundbreaking TwinStar J43 cabinet, featuring a two-level mystery must-hit jackpot and the game’s iconic “Tetriminos” that can land on or above the reel, creating expanding ways with mystery reveal symbols.
- The WILLY WONKA DREAM FACTORY game is presented on the Pro Wave 360, a groundbreaking hardware innovation pairing a 360-degree video screen above five Pro Wave cabinets. WILLY WONKA DREAM FACTORY takes players on an unforgettable journey through the deliciously delightful, whimsically wonderful world of WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY.
Casino Systems Solutions Empower Player Engagement, Operating Performance
Scientific Games, the leading global provider of casino-management system solutions, demonstrates new and exciting technology at G2E to empower player engagement and operating efficiencies:
- iVIEW®4 In-Game Display Manager – A major advancement in the use of on-device messaging, the iVIEW4 system features state-of-the-art web widgets and connectivity to web services, enabling opportunities for casinos to communicate with their players like never before. Whether it is floorwide bonusing, secondary wagering, customer service, or accessing websites and promotional kiosks, the feature-rich iVIEW4 enables casinos to manage their own content dynamically. Name-brand bonusing with MONOPOLY™, CLUE™, YAHTZEE™ and more increase entertainment.
- Praxis Analytics – Scientific Games’ cloud-based big data solution for improved marketing and player engagement provides casinos with a centralized analytical platform that integrates with non-gaming business intelligence to maximize business decisions that optimize player value, enhancing the casino bottom line.
- Live Sports and Virtual Racing and Sports – G2E attendees are invited to live demonstrations of the Company’s new Live Sports Wagering Virtual Racing and Sports software and kiosk solutions, designed to drive incremental revenue for casinos, racinos, and lotteries. With both kiosk and mobile-wagering opportunities, players can enjoy high-quality virtual racing and sporting events and live race and sports wagering where allowed.
- Cashless Solutions – Exciting new features will enable casinos to move into electronic funds transfer functionality so players can use mobile devices to put money directly on the slot machine or onto a prepaid card.
- Bally HUB – After a successful international deployment, Scientific Games now offers a solution to manage multiple disparate casino management systems by integrating player data and player rewards.
Proprietary Table Games Empower Amazing Experiences
Scientific Games leads the industry in the depth and breadth of its proprietary table games portfolio. At G2E, Scientific Games introduces a number of new table games including:
- The HIC™ Hold’em game, based on the popular HAWAIIAN ISLAND CREATIONS™ surf-themed brand of surfboards, skateboards, clothing and accessories. Players vie to get a better five-card hand than the dealer, and the “Big Kahuna” side bet delivers the chance for a big prize with three-of-a-kind or better.
- ZAPPIT™ Blackjack takes blackjack to the next level by enabling the player to exchange their hand for a new hand of ZAPPIT Blackjack and the potential for greater wins.
- Blazing 7s Blackjack Progressive capitalizes on the player-favorite Bally Blazing 7s slot brand to offer a blackjack progressive side bet that delivers timeless entertainment.
- Lunar Poker™, already a favorite in Asia, enables players to play five card draw against the house.
Electronic Table Systems Empower Community Play with PRIZM GameTable
Scientific Games’ G2E electronic table systems (“ETS”) display will feature Fusion Hybrid Stadium Blackjack™, Fusion Hybrid Stadium Casino War® and Table Master® Fusion PLAYBOY™ Bonus Blackjack.
Groundbreaking Table Solutions Empower the Casino Pit
Scientific Games, the global leader in shufflers, chip sorters and other utility products, introduces two innovations at G2E:
- ShuffleStar™ is a groundbreaking, low-profile front-loading shuffler that shuffles four to eight decks continuously and features a revolutionary high-speed flat-dealing shoe and sophisticated card recognition using two cameras.
- Shufflink™ is a pioneering innovation that for the first time links shufflers, chip sorters and i-Shoes to the casino-management system to provide real-time data and reporting on table performance, player ratings, and important metrics, all without dealer input, interaction or any manual data collection.
SG Interactive Empowers Mobile Player Engagement with Personalized Offers, Consumer-Favorite Social Casino Games
At G2E, SG Interactive will offer live demonstrations of the enhanced SG Universe™, a comprehensive, proprietary product suite featuring the Mobile Concierge platform, Play4Fun Network™ social casino and Core Systems Integration technology.
SG Universe strengthens the relationship between a casino and the player by giving both the tools they need to enhance their experience. Players receive a full suite of service, amenity and entertainment options in the palm of their hand with the Mobile Concierge app while the Play4Fun Network social casino allows players to enjoy a favorite casino game while on the go. Through Core Systems Integration technology, operators can learn more about their players and market to individuals based on specific preferences and behavior.
New SG Universe features will be on display, further empowering casinos to engage players in engaging ways. The Cosmos engine enables more highly-focused marketing campaigns that foster better connections through a rules-based application that monitors player behavior on- and off-property, delivering customized offers based on habits and preferences.
Scientific Games will also highlight its proven game library with high-performing recent launches and highly anticipated releases such as 88 Fortunes, Dancing in Rio®, WONDER WOMAN™ Gold, Rainbow Riches Reels of Gold and more. With new innovations like portrait orientation gaming, Scientific Games continues to provide groundbreaking content and technology to the land-based and online gaming industry.
New Sports Betting, Lottery Self-Service and iLottery Solutions Excite
Scientific Games brings exciting sports betting action to G2E with SG Sports, an enhanced omni-channel solution for online and retail fixed odds sports betting. Developed for secure integration with land-based casino gaming systems, lottery central gaming systems and licensed interactive-only operators, the SG Sports solution will be demonstrated on Scientific Games’ PlayCentral® EX and its new small-form self-service terminal for payment, redemption and verification.
- PlayCentral EX delivers an expansive betting program in real time, including unlimited sports, events and markets. Designed to work well in a variety of bet shops and retail locations, this easy-to-navigate terminal can be used as an end-to-end sports betting solution or as an integral part of the omni-channel SG Sports platform to deliver pre-game and in-play excitement.
- Scientific Games’ new small-form self-service betting terminal features a 15” touchscreen which allows players to place sports bets, receive a printed bet slip and check status through a barcode reader.
Also on display will be the award-winning PlayCentral HD, a retail self-service kiosk for lottery instant and draw games and Keno. PlayCentral HD is the first lottery self-service technology to integrate credit, debit and mobile payment. It is Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) compliant for financial security standards, and supports mobile options such as Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay. PlayCentral HD offers ticket checking and validation, age verification, integrated advertising display and — for the first time in lottery self-service — a “shopping cart” experience similar to internet retailers.
Finally, Scientific Games will showcase the new PlayerVantage® product suite, the lottery industry’s only end-to-end suite of interactive solutions for player acquisition, bonusing, loyalty rewards and iLottery. The solution includes digital play-for-fun promotional games, second-chance promotional games, targeted loyalty promotions, a full loyalty program with online rewards store and eCommerce for eDraw and eInstant lottery games, all delivered on the Company’s secure Sciplay® platform.
© 2016 Scientific Games Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All ® notices signify marks registered in the United States.
Hawaiian Island Creations and HIC are registered trademarks. All © and TMs are licensed and used with permission of Coral Head, Inc. All rights reserved.
JOHNNY CASH® ©2016 John R Cash Revocable Trust. Used with permission. All rights reserved. “Johnny Cash” is a registered trademark of the John R Cash Revocable Trust.
Lunar Poker® and all related elements © & ™ Mara Enterprises LLC. All rights reserved.
MONOPOLY, CLUE and YAHTZEE are trademarks of Hasbro. Used with permission. ©2016 Hasbro. All rights reserved.
NATIONAL LAMPOON’S VACATION and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s16)
PLAYBOY © 2016 Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. PLAYBOY, PLAYMATE, PLAYBOY BUNNY and Rabbit Head Design are marks of Playboy Enterprises International, Inc. and used under license by Scientific Games Corporation.
SPIDER-MAN © 2016 MARVEL © 2016 CPII.
Tetris™ & © 1985-2016 Tetris Holding.
THE BACHELOR and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s16)
The Godfather™ and © 2016 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.
“THE SIMPSONS” ™ & © 2016 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY and all related characters and elements © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s16)
WONDER WOMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © DC Comics. (s16)
About Scientific Games
Scientific Games Corporation (NASDAQ:SGMS) is a leading developer of technology-based products and services and associated content for worldwide gaming, lottery and interactive markets. The Company’s portfolio includes gaming machines, game content and systems; table games products and shufflers; instant and draw-based lottery games; server-based lottery and gaming systems; sports betting technology; loyalty and rewards programs; and interactive content and services. For more information, please visit ScientificGames.com.
Scientific Games: Bill Pfund +1 702-532-7663
Vice President, Investor Relations
Scientific Games: Mollie Cole +1 773-961-1194
Director, Corporate Communications
In this press release, Scientific Games makes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements describe future expectations, plans, results or strategies and can often be identified by the use of terminology such as “may,” “will,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “continue,” “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “target,” “should,” “could,” “potential,” “opportunity,” “goal,” or similar terminology. These statements are based upon management’s current expectations, assumptions and estimates and are not guarantees of timing, future results or performance. Actual results may differ materially from those contemplated in these statements due to a variety of risks and uncertainties and other factors, including, among other things: competition; U.S. and international economic and industry conditions, including declines in or slow growth of gross gaming revenues or lottery retail sales, reductions in or constraints on capital spending by gaming or lottery operators and bankruptcies of, or credit risk relating to, customers; limited growth from new gaming jurisdictions, declines in the replacement cycle of existing gaming machines and slow addition of casinos in existing jurisdictions; ownership changes and consolidation in the gaming industry, including by casino operators; opposition to legalized gaming or the expansion thereof; inability to adapt to, and offer products that keep pace with, evolving technology; inability to develop successful gaming concepts and content; laws and government regulations, including those relating to gaming licenses and environmental laws; inability to identify and capitalize on trends and changes in the gaming, lottery and interactive industries; dependence upon key providers in our social gaming business; inability to retain or renew, or unfavorable revisions of, existing contracts, and the inability to enter into new contracts; level of our indebtedness, higher interest rates, availability or adequacy of cash flows and liquidity to satisfy indebtedness, other obligations or future cash needs; inability to reduce or refinance our indebtedness; restrictions and covenants in our debt agreements, including those that could result in acceleration of the maturity of our indebtedness; protection of our intellectual property, inability to license third party intellectual property, and the intellectual property rights of others; security and integrity of our software and systems and reliance on or failures in our information technology systems; natural events that disrupt our operations or those of our customers, suppliers or regulators; inability to benefit from, and risks associated with, strategic equity investments and relationships, including (i) the inability of our joint venture to realize the anticipated benefits under its private management agreement with the Illinois lottery or from the disentanglement services performed in connection with the termination thereof, (ii) the inability of our joint venture to meet the net income targets or other requirements under its agreement to provide marketing and sales services to the New Jersey Lottery or otherwise to realize the anticipated benefits under such agreement and (iii) failure to realize the anticipated benefits related to the award to our consortium of an instant lottery game concession in Greece; failure to achieve the intended benefits of the Bally acquisition or the WMS acquisition, other recent acquisitions, or future acquisitions, including due to the inability to successfully integrate such acquisitions or realize synergies in the anticipated amounts or within the contemplated time frames or cost expectations, or at all; disruption of our current plans and operations in connection with our recent acquisitions (including in connection with the integration of Bally and WMS), including departure of key personnel or inability to recruit additional qualified personnel or maintain relationships with customers, suppliers or other third parties; incurrence of employee termination or restructuring costs, and impairment or asset write-down charges; changes in estimates or judgments related to our impairment analysis of goodwill or other intangible assets; implementation of complex revenue recognition standards; fluctuations in our results due to seasonality and other factors; dependence on suppliers and manufacturers; risks relating to foreign operations, including fluctuations in foreign currency exchange rates (including those fluctuations related to the affirmative vote in the U.K. to withdraw from the EU), restrictions on the payment of dividends from earnings, restrictions on the import of products and financial instability, including the potential impact to our business resulting from the affirmative vote in the U.K. to withdraw from the EU and the potential impact to our instant lottery game concession or VLT lease arrangements resulting from the recent economic and political conditions in Greece; dependence on our key employees; litigation and other liabilities relating to our business, including litigation and liabilities relating to our contracts and licenses, our products and systems, our employees (including labor disputes), intellectual property and our strategic relationships; influence of certain stockholders; and stock price volatility.
Additional information regarding risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in forward-looking statements is included from time to time in our filings with the SEC, including the Company’s current reports on Form 8-K, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and its latest annual report on Form 10-K filed with the SEC on February 29, 2016 (including under the headings “Forward Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors”). Forward-looking statements speak only as of the date they are made and, except for Scientific Games’ ongoing obligations under the U.S. federal securities laws, Scientific Games undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.