Puyos and Tetriminos Collide in the Multiplayer Puzzle/Party Game Coming Soon to PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch!
April 25, 2017 – Irvine, CA – Get ready to stack, match, and clear colorful objects like you’ve never done before, because Puyo Puyo™ Tetris® is now available in the Americas! Tetriminos and Puyos collide, with players being able to frantically stack and clear by themselves or compete head-to-head with friends. The game has a variety of modes for puzzle fiends — from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with up-to-four player Arcade modes — for tons of Tetris/Puyo variety. There are many match types that will challenge even the most grizzled puzzle game veteran.
Here’s a quick rundown of all the different ways to play:
Adventure – Single-player mode offers ten unique acts, each with ten stages featuring different characters from the Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. Each stage contains unique challenges players will need to overcome in order to win and move on!
Multiplayer Arcade – For up to four local players, Multiplayer Arcade offers a wealth of game variants that will bring out players’ competitive nature!
- Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
- Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
- Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
- Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
- Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Online – Players can try their puzzle skills on a global scale by playing any of the multiplayer modes with up to four players online in Puzzle League or Free Play modes.
- Puzzle League – Increase player rating, earn ranks and aspire to new leagues in this mode for competitive enthusiasts.
- Free Play – A more casual experience where records aren’t kept and players can customize matches with unique settings, and invite their friends to play.
- Replays – Players can save and upload any online matches to show off to their friends, or search other players’ replays using the tag and filtering system to see how they tackled matches.
Solo Arcade – Play any of the Multiplayer Arcade modes against the CPU in Battle or Endurance matches, or try single-player challenges:
- Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
- Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
- Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is available in the Americas, and will be out in Europe on April 27 (digital) and 28 (physical) for the PlayStation®4 and Nintendo Switch™. The PlayStation 4 version is available only in a physical format for $29.99, and the Nintendo Switch version is available digitally for $29.99 and physically for $39.99 (with commensurate European pricing). There’s also a special Nintendo Switch launch edition that includes Puyo Puyo- and Tetris-themed keychains while supplies last. The special launch edition of Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Nintendo Switch is available in quantities limited to pre-orders and first-run printings of the game in the Americas. The game is rated E10+ by the ESRB. Please visit puyo.sega.com/tetris for more information.
© SEGA. SEGA, the SEGA logo and Puyo Puyo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
All rights reserved. SEGA is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are property of their respective owners.
Tetris ® & © 1985~2017 Tetris Holding.
“PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
About SEGA® of America, Inc.:
SEGA® of America, Inc. is the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America’s website is located at www.sega.com
About the Tetris® Brand:
The Tetris® brand is one of the leading and most distinctive video game brands and franchises in the world. For over 30 years, the brand has been loved globally by people of all ages and all cultures. Billions of Tetris games are played online every year, and over 500 million Tetris mobile games have been downloaded to date. Working with Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sega, Sony/GSN Games and many other licensing partners, the Tetris franchise continues to be one of the most widely recognized video game brands of all time. Tetris Holding, LLC is the owner of Tetris rights worldwide, and The Tetris Company, LLC is its exclusive licensee. For the latest information about the Tetris brand and Tetris products, please visit www.tetris.com.
SEGA of America
Andrea Piotraszewski (on behalf of The Tetris Company)